At Wide Span Sheds we are committed to providing you with a premium yet affordable steel kit building solution. Years of research and development have gone into developing a robust framing system that offers superior protection along with immense flexibility in design. Our portal frames have been engineered to withstand the harsh New Zealand environment and last the test of time due to the following features.
- Apex bracket to full depth of the rafter 'C' sections with full width return flanges for strength.
- Apex brace (collar tie in tension) is vital in the construction process and aids greatly in maintaining structural integrity in high winds.
- Designed to strengthen the rafter-over-column haunch joint and prevent axial torque (twisting).
- In larger buildings, the addition of knee braces helps to further strengthen the haunch bracket.
Purlins and Girts
- Only high grade New Zealand Steel between 450-550 MPa is used within our frames.
- Minimum of 10% overlap on purlins and girts to decrease lateral movement within the portal frame.
- A number of fixing methods are available to combat the inernal pressures and the reduction of bracing when adding openings into the building design.
- Bracing is an essential element when designing portal frame buildings. Cross bracing, fly bracing and double eave connections are just some of the bracing elements used.